Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

I LOVE Pumpkin! Pumpkin in every recipe would be ok with me. Usually you hear about the typical Pumpkin bread or Pumpkin Pancakes. I was determined to make a pumpkin cupcake. I have a small obcession with making cupcakes. They are the right portion for a sweet treat. Keeps my jeans buttoning up nicely.

I thought to be even more figure friendly, so I made mini Pumpkin Cupcakes.




Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes with one XXL size cupcake


I'm not much of a fan of frosting from the can, I prefer to make my frostings homemade.



Since Pumpkin reminds everyone of fall, why not put little candies on top?



Candy Corn, Cream Cheese frosting mini Pumpkin Cupcake


RECIPE:

Oven at 350

Ingredients:
  • 1 C Sugar
  • 1/2 C Brown Sugar
  • 2 C Whole Wheat Flour
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 4 Eggs
  • 1/2 C Skim Milk
  • 3/4 C Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 stick butter, room temperature

Mix everything in the mixer at once. Spray your pans with a good cooking spray, pour your batter in, and bake for 20 min or until the toothpick shows no cake

Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
  • 1/4 C butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 C Pumpkin Puree
  • 3 C Powdered Sugar

Mix cream cheese & butter until smooth and creamy, add in puree, slowly add powdered sugar

Enjoy:)


















No comments:

Post a Comment