Creamy Avacado Dressing, definitely play with your flavors of this super awesome dressing
My husband had his eyes planted on the Purdue vs Illini game while I worked to chop up all the needed vegetables for this salad. Everytime I would chop I'd hear him yelling at the TV. All I could think was get this done now so he'll get quiet! Thankfully Purdue won the game!
I'm going to share the recipe as found, by Jenny Grothe author of FitJen, recipes for Gals in figure and bodybuilding and add my twisted suggestions.
Makes 6 Servings
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 12 C Romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 C Celery, sliced ** My husband is not a fan of celery in his salad, so this is optional! However celery burns major calories!
- 6 slices Turkey Bacon
- 12 oz cooked, cubed Chicken
- 1/2 sliced White Onion **I prefer Red Onion :) WAY more flavor, not a bad aftertaste!
- 1 minced Garlic clove
- 1 medium Avacado
- 1/2 C Greek Yogurt ** Make at your own risk, but I highly suggest Light N Fit
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Mrs Dash Mesquite Spices **1 tsp Maple Smokehouse McCormick flavor
- dash of ground pepper
Chop lettuce, onion, tomato, and celery, set aside arranged in 6 bowls. Cook bacon. Cube Chicken. Add to bowls distributed evenly. Blend avacado, yogurt, lemon juice, and spices. Drizzle over the Salads.
Nutritional info per the original recipe:
Calories 255 per serving.
Cholesterol 46.25 mg