Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filled Oreo Cheesecakes

Yesterday we went to Hal's friends house (fraturnity brother from Purdue) for dinner. I wanted to bring dessert. The day was rather interesting. It started with me at the gym working out, thinking about what I could make and bring. I get a phone call right as I finished working out. 'You have a house showing in 1 hour!' I was like ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! All panic'd, I rushed home thinking this is no good, I have to clean up fast and wont be able to bake up something yummy for dinner tonight. Insert Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filled Oreo Cheesecakes. Lauren, is a food blogger that I follow on twitter whom posted this insane recipe and I thought to myself I absolutely love Oreos, Cookie Dough, and Cheesecake. Those are by far my favorite desserts. I ran home, and rushed to clean my house, literally walking out the door as the realtor walked in. I went to the grocery store and grabbed the 3 main ingredients I needed to make this recipe, still not sure I would have time to pull it off. I was still determined to make it. I got back home to a nice clean house and got to work. I do like to put my own twist on recipes, but did not have time to do that with this one, so until I do, it's Lauren's recipe. This is a recipe I would not even think to try to make healthier. This is what we call made for cheat meal night! If you are in a rush, you'd be surprised how EASY this is and the best part is you likely have ALL the ingredients in your cabinet already! You can check Lauren out, at www.laurenslatest.com


Cookie Dough Recipe: all mixed by hand/spoon
  • 1/4 C Butter, softened
  • 1/4 C Granulated sugar
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp powdered sugar
  • pinch salt
  • 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 C All-Purpose Flour
  • 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line a muffin/cupcake pan with cupcake papers. Make the Cookie Dough

2. First up, softened butter into a bowl, stir in sugars till well incorporated.

3. Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt, it might be dry, but it will come together

4. Once flour is incorporated, mix with your hands, add chocolate chips, and begin to form as a log diameter similar to the size of an Oreo cookie.

5. Slice the dough into 12 even slices, and put Oreos into your muffin pan. Place the dough onto each cookie, form on top to fit nice, if cookie dough overlaps just form around the cookie.







Before formed on top of and around cookie.



ONTO THE CHEESECAKE!!!!!!




Cheesecake Recipe:
  • 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1/2 C Granulated Sugar
  • 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 Egg
1. Whip the cream cheese in your mixer, slowly pour in sugar and flour, scrape down the sides and mix more.
2. Whip in Vanilla Extract and Egg until incorporated, scrape sides and whip.
3. Spoon 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture onto each cookie. The mixture is super thick, so work with it. This should make just enough for 12 cookies.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheesecake is completely set. Cool to room temperature, and the refridegerate until completely chilled.
5. When ready to serve, remove paper cup liner and garnish with mini chocolate chips.





















I chose the festive spring Oreos, with a yellow cream filling.
YUM!!! They were a hit!






1 comment:

  1. What is the glaze look on the top of the baked and chilled cookie in your final pic?

    ReplyDelete