Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cream Cheese Baked Oatmeal



Ahh good old fashioned oats, the healthy way to eat your oatmeal. Did I mention I can't stand oatmeal cooked? There is something about cooked oatmeal that makes me feel like I'm eating mush so I just cannot stand it. It's really good for you though, so I do try. I throw it in my burgers, meatballs, homemade protein bars etc Anyway I can get them in my system without the mush texture.

I've been paying attention to professional figure and bodybuilder competitor, Jenny Grothe. She wrote the book '75 ways To Love Your Oatmeal- Great Tasting Recipes That keep you Lean'

So here we are- Baked Oatmeal. I figure it's another step in the right direction for me to get my oats down. I played with the cream cheese recipe today.




Torani is a sugar free, carb free, calorie free flavored syrup used in baked oatmeal, protein shakes, and yogurts. All the flavor without the guilt!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 C Oats
  • 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 5 tsp Fat-Free Cream Cheese
  • 1 Cup Water
  • 2 tsp liquid egg whites
  • sugar substitute to taste
  • 2 tbsp Torani Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Syrup

Mix everything together and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. UNLESS you are like me, and you need the texture crunchy- I baked for more like 45 minutes and broiled at the end to give it a golden brown crust. It's also optional to add some almond milk on top once it's baked. If this is a post workout meal, I might add some mini chocolate chips to it as well :) yum











Nutritional Info:
Calories 211
Fat 3.33g
Sat. Fat 0.75 g
Cholesterol 3.33mg
Sodium 179.12mg
Carbs 34.58g
Fiber 5.25g
Sugar 5.08g
Protein 12.17g

No comments:

Post a Comment