Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bailey's Oreo Irish Cream Pie

I LOVE Bailey's Irish Cream. I have it once or twice a year because I dont drink much. BUT, it's St. Patrick's Day, therefore it's a day for Bailey's Irish Cream. PS: My puppy was named Bailey :) See a trend?

Anyway, I wanted to make an Irish Cream Pie for St. Patrick's Day. I had Irish Cream Pie in an Irish Pub a couple years ago on St. Patrick's Day and it was amaze as the Kardashians would say. I really wanted to create the same tasting pie for dessert. This one has a couple twists, surprise surprise! The original recipe calls for a specific crust recipe, and an overload of chocolate. I wanted to make it easier, cheaper, and less chocolatey.






Ingredients:

  • 1 Oreo Crust (from the grocery store- it's cheaper than buying a package of Oreos to make the crust!)
  • 1/2 Cup Bailey's Irish Cream
  • 2 Pkgs Jell-O Instant Pudding, Vanilla Flavor
  • 1.5 Cups Milk
  • 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips




Directions:

Prepare Instant Vanilla Pudding Packages together following box directions, but instead of 2 C of Milk add 1.5 C of Milk and 1/2 C of Baileys

Put your whipping cream into your mixer, and mix on medium speed until soft peaks form.

You can choose to fold the pudding into the whipping cream once it's mixed up or you can mix both on a medium speed. I find mixing it helps take the lumps out of the pudding mix.



Pour your batter into the grocery purchased crust and set in the refridgerator for at least an hour.




Garnish the pie with the Mini Chocolate Chips





So creamy, and yummy!






A slice of Irish heaven





If you love Baileys, you will love this pie, and it's super easy.
Enjoy and again, Happy St. Patricks Day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment