Friday, March 11, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars

Call me a sinner, because aren't we all? But whoa this one is a bit over the top even for me! I really am a health nazi, that is no joke. But I also believe in refeeds also known as cheat meals, and you better believe when it's my cheat meal, I enjoy it!

That being said, we have family in town this weekend, and everyone is getting together for dinner so I thought- ahh opportunity to make another sweet concoction! See the other trick to experiment and bake with all my fun kitchen toys is giving away the sinful treats I make. I have one or two and the rest go to other people, saves me my figure, but gives me the chance to be creative.

This recipe is very versitile. You can use all kinds of combinations with this. I stuck to the basics.

Oreos, Cheesecake, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough- YUM!




RECIPE:

Graham Cracker Crust

  • 1 1/2 C. finely ground Graham crackers
  • 1/4 C. Sugar
  • 6 tbsp butter, melted

Mix together in a bowl, and press firmly against your 8X8 sprayed pan.



Cookie Dough Recipe

  • 2 1/4 C Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda

Mixed together in a bowl

  • 1/4 C Sugar
  • 3/4 C Brown Sugar
  • 1 Pkg Jell-0 Instant Vanilla Pudding
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 sticks butter, melted
  • 2 C Chocolate Chips

In your mixer, cream the sugars, butter, pudding, and vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time. Add dry Ingredients slowly while mixer continues at a med speed, add chocolate chips

Take cookie dough mixture and spread on top of graham cracker crust, followed by the cream cheese mixture



Cheesecake Filling
  • 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1/3 C. Sugar

Mix together, and like I said spread over cookie dough mixture. I highly suggest very soft cream cheese, makes it much smoother to spread.


Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, take out of oven and crumble Oreo cookies on top (Yellow creme spring edition again of course!) Put back in oven for 3-4 minutes



The top might look undercooked, but dont let it fool you, this is a super chewy cookie dough recipe. In fact if you make the cookies by themselves you will also find yourself having to work out like 3X that day to make up for the yummy goodness you just ate :) I got that recipe from my mother in law by my husbands request like 3 years ago, and have tried taking ownership of it. It is the BEST chocolate chip cookie dough recipe out there!



I wanted to show the layers close up! See the cookie dough surrounding the cheesecake filling with the graham cracker crust on the bottom and the ever so awesome Oreos on top!



YUM!
This can serve about 10-15 small bars, or 9 large bars!




No comments:

Post a Comment