Friday, March 25, 2011

S'more Popcorn

It was time for another cheat meal, but I had no time to get to the store. I had a bulk size bag of chocolate chips with no desire to bake cookies. I had some heavy cream that I needed to use up quick before it expired and thought well I can melt some chocolate chips with the cream, but then what? I'm not going to eat the chocolate melted by itself!!! Back into the pantry I went looking for something to create. Right in front of the chocolate chips as I grabbed them was popcorn!!! I thought, yes!! I will pop the corn and drizzle the melted chocolate on top!! Almost like moose munch from Harry and David, except homemade! Then I thought, no that is too boring, I must get even more creative. I saw a big bag of marshmellows and ground graham crackers. All the ingredients to fix up S'mores, and why not melt it all over popcorn? YUM!

So here it goes:






Ingredients:

  • 1.5 C Chocolate Chips
  • 1 C Heavy Cream
  • * marshmellows* I used large, but next time I'm going to do it with mini's, so I'm suggesting you get mini's and about 3 Cups, enough to cover your popcorn overall
  • 3 tbsp of ground Graham Cracker
  • 1 pkg plain popcorn


Directions:

Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water with the heavy cream, I actually melted some marshmellows into the chocolate for more flavor. Pop your popcorn in the meantime. When the chocolate is ready, take off stove to cool. Once popcorn is popped and cooled down a bit, spread out onto a baking sheet over parchment paper. Layer your marshmellows on top of the popcorn. I only had large marshmellows on hand so it worked, but definitely go for the minis!! Bake for 10-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until slightly melted over the popcorn. Once out of the oven, drizzle the chocolate sauce all over, as much or as little as you want for your snack. Sprinkle the ground graham crackers over that and eat up!



S'more Popcorn Snack!!




If you do opt for the large marshmellows you get larger pieces to eat, so either way you go-large marshmellows or mini's it's going to be super yummy.

ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment