Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chocolate Wrapped Pound Cake



UNIQUE DESIGN POUNDCAKE, PLAIN & BORING!!



CHOCOLATE SAUCE, YUMMY!


NOW WE'RE TALKING!



SUPER RICH CHOCOLATEY CENTER!




I like to look in my pantry and take ingredients I already have there and create something yummy. I don't have a lot in the pantry at the moment. I have some key baking staples, flour, sugar, vanilla extract etc



I decided to make a pound cake with the ingredients I had. My mom gave me a family recipe handed down to her. If you ask me, pound cake alone is BORING. I put my own twist on this recipe. I wrapped it in a super rich chocolate sauce that was like a shell over the cake, and with a drop of whip cream this made for an awesome after dinner dessert!



I know, usually pound cake is in a bread pan, and bakes into a loaf looking cake. This poundcake bakes in an angel food cake pan for the best turn out.


RECIPE:


Preheat oven to 325 degrees


  • 1 LB Powdered Sugar

  • 1 LB Butter

  • 6 eggs

  • 3 C. Cake Flour

  • 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

  • 1 bar 70% Cocoa Chocolate, 1/2 bar of milk chocolate

  • Small container of half n half

Cream the sugar and butter, add eggs into mixer one at a time, add vanilla. Fold in Flour. Spray your pan with a good cooking spray. Pour in mixture and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.


The original recipe tells you to sprinkle powdered sugar over the cake once the cake has cooled for about an hour.

Here is where my twist comes in! I took half n half (trying to be healthy right?! ha!) and a mix of bittersweet 70% cocoa chocolate with regular milk chocolate in a double boiler. Chop up your chocolate bar, pour your half n half (or heavy cream if preferred), continue stirring until you see a creamy chocolatey sauce. Add more or less chocolate/cream to your desired taste.


Let the chocolate sauce cool for an hour

**NOTE** You can turn this sauce into a frosting by putting it in the fridge to cool.


Once sauce is cooled, pour into a cup with pointed tip *see chocolate poured onto cake in above picture*


Pour 3X to make a thick chocolate layer on your cake. Allow time for it to set, and serve with a dollup of cool whip. The cool whip brings in the right amount of sweetness for this awesome dessert


YUM, ENJOY :)


No comments:

Post a Comment