Friday, April 1, 2011

Fireside Grilled Veggies

My favorite side dish has got to be grilled veggies. I believe all veggies should be grilled with a little spice and they will taste great. I get tons of compliments on this side dish, which is a huge shocker to me. Who knew veggies would be such a hit! You can play with this recipe all you want. I have specific veggies that I like to make. This recipe has steamed green beans, onions, mushrooms, and peppers. It's super easy- Line Up:

  • 1 Onion- Red preferred

  • 3 Peppers- any color

  • 1 package of mushrooms

  • 1 package of green beans
Directions: Steam the green beans in the microwave for 5 minutes. Dice up your onion and slice your mushrooms. Get your grill on med-high- I use an indoor grill pan, however the outdoor grill works just as well, if not better. Use your veggie grill tray to hold all your veggies in and slice your onions, peppers and mushrooms a bit large in size. Slice your peppers to tiny square bits, about 1-2 inch in size. 2 TBSP Olive Oil over your onion/mushrooms- get those started first, they take a bit longer. Add the green beans and peppers on top, mix up, add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I also switch it up and sometimes add other spices. You might want to sprinkle more Olive Oil as well. I would also suggest doing asparagus or even broccoli on the grill, mixed with other veggies or by themselves are great. I am not a squash or zucchini fan, but if you are- go for those as well! Cook until barely showing grill marks to keep the nutrients in your veggies. This will serve about 6-7 meals. I make this amount and it lasts me an entire week. I reheat with different meals all week long. Saves me time, money, and keeps me healthy and skinny! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment